I am back with a pork recipe! Yeah… I know… Pork and noodles, how very original of me… Well, I like it, and it’s a fast and easy to make recipe so… there.
Now, my love of pork is well documented, but my love for pork belly is fairly new. As a kid, I would not eat any fat on meat and would painstakingly cut out any tiny bit of fat before eating. Boy did that ever change. Pork belly, with its layers of crispy meat and chewy fat, is my latest obsession.
Now to the recipe!
Pork Udon Stir Fry
- 2 packs of ready to eat Udon noodles
- 1/2lb Pork belly, thick cut
- 3/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 3 Green Onions, sliced
- 2-3 Baby Bok Choy, sliced
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- Sesame seeds (for the look)
- 1 tsp of red Korean Pepper flakes
- Cut and prepare all the veggies
- In a wok, heat up the sesame oil on high heat for about 1 min
- Drop in the pork belly and sliiightly lower the heat, cook until firm and light brown
- Add in all the veggies and saute until half-done
- Add in all the sauce ingredients, depending on what soy sauce you use, you might need to add a little bit of water.
- Reduce until veggies are almost cooked
- Add in the Udon noodles (you will probably need to poke at them with your spoon to help them separate)
- Once the noodles are re-heated and soft and coated in sauce you’re pretty much done.
- Portion out and dress with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
- EAT ALL THE NOODLES
That’s it, less than 20 minutes later you’ve got those fantastic, thick, and chewy noodles all ready to be eaten! The eating part takes even less time in my case…
There you go, if you have any good pork belly recipes, drop them off the in comments!
And don’t forget to like and follow this blog on my social media on the right, yada yada yada, you know the stuff!
Until next week,