What’s up? Is it Spring yet where you are? Here in Canada, it’s starting to feel like it’s going to happen pretty soon, getting a little bit warmer, a little sunnier…
I can’t WAIT for summer guys, it’s been a looong winter and I’m super over it!
Also, I think my cat hurt one of her legs because she’s limping a tiny bit, the fur mama in me is keeping an eagle eye on her and, hopefully, she just pulled something or slept weird… we’ll see. Any cat parent out there has some advice? Let me know!
Ok so now, what exactly is ”Red Yogurt Chicken”? It’s chicken, duh, marinated with yogurt and too many red things to name them all in the name of the recipe! So I just went with ”red” even though the finished product isn’t really red… Misleading? Maybe…
Let’s get to it!
So for some reason, on the pictures, my chicken looks kinda dry, but fear not, it’s delicious and – moist – (yeah, I know a lot of people hate that word… I don’t get it…).
It’s so easy to make too, literally just stick the chicken in a bag or bowl with the marinade around lunchtime, or even in the morning before work, and when you get back home BAM! Awesome chicken!
Red Yogurt Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt (the fat percentage doesn’t matter so 0% is fine!)
- 2 tbsp of Sundried Tomato paste (or sundried tomato pesto if you are in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup of Club House Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp Canola oil or Coconut oil
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients
- Add to a bowl or bag with the chicken, making sure all the chicken is covered
- Marinate at least 3h (I wouldn’t go more than 8h)
- Cook the chicken thoroughly in a pan or skillet, turning 2-3 times for more uniform cooking (internal temperature should be at least 165F or 75C if you care about that stuff) using canola or coconut oil.
- I served mine with asparagus that I stuck in the oven in a foil packet with salt, pepper, and olive oil at 375F for about 25min. This would also be great with greek type potatoes or any type of veggies!
- EAT ALL THE CHICKEN
Seriously, that simple… It’s almost embarrassing to put on here but it was really good!
So yeah, very minimal effort, like… very minimal and yet super tasty (and healthy) chicken breasts!
Here is the seasoning mix by the way
It’s pretty versatile and very tasty, I like it. I also like their Garlic Plus mix and a few others, pretty good stuff!
You can check out the Salmon recipe I made with their Garlic Plus mix —- HERE
So this is it for this week! Hopefully, my cat will feel better, and I’ll get thin from eating so healthy (unlikely)
Until next time,