First of all, for some of you who remembered about my kitty who hurt her leg 2 posts ago, you will be happy to hear that she has made a full recovery!
Now for the rest (and most likely majority) that don’t really care about my cat, is it spring yet?? We got tricked here, it was spring then we had a bunch more snow! Rude! Now I think we’re into spring, for real this time (I’m totally jinxing us, sorry!).
I wanted light and fresh food this week, so I whipped up this super nice pasta dish. Even though it IS pasta, it’s pretty light because of the lemon juice, I think anyways…
Here we go!
Spring Salmon Pasta
- 1 full salmon filet
- 250g of dry Gemelli pasta (half a regular Barilla box)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 3-4 tbsp tarragon (dried or fresh, whatever)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup of reserved pasta water
- Preheat the over to 375F
- Simultaneously start your water for your pasta, salt a lot, like, until you think it’s enough, then a bit more.
- Once the oven is preheated, stick your salmon on foil, salt, pepper, olive oil. Papillotte that bad boy and stick it in the oven for 15 to 20 min.
- While you wait for your water to boil, heat up your olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add to your pan the green onions and the asparagus (I chop my asparagus in 3, but it’s up to you really)
- Add the tarragon to the veggies
- Your water is probably boiling, put the pasta in.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to the pan as well as about 1 cup of cream cheese.
- Add 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup of pasta water. Start with 1/2 cup and add gradually until you get the amount and thickness you enjoy.
- Adjust the seasoning (salt, pepper, and tarragon)
- Drain the pasta and add them to the sauce
- The salmon should be ready now, chunk it with a fork and add it to the pasta
- EAT ALL THE PASTA!
There you have it!
As usual, you’re the boss of your own kitchen, feel free to modify this in any way. Goat cheese might be delicious instead of cream cheese. Actually, I wanna try that now… hmmm…
Let me know if you try this and what you think of it! If you’re a fan of salmon, check out my previous Garlic Salmon & Butternut Squash Noodles recipe HERE and if you wanna keep this fresh springy food trend going, you can check out my Yogurt Chicken recipe HERE.
Also…. let me know what you want to see more of! More of a certain type of recipes? Favorites compilations? Reviews? Lemme know peeps! Speaking of peeps, Happy Easter everyone!
Hope you’re having a great week!
Until next time!