So, remember last week, when I thought it was spring? FOILED AGAIN! We’ll never have warm weather again… Canada has canceled spring and summer…
Because it’s still pretty cold, I want comfort food. But because it’s supposed to be spring already, I still want somewhat fresh summery food. See my dilemma here? Apparently, summer comfort food is like, ribs on the BBQ and stuff… Not happening at the moment. So I decided to create my own spring comfort food.
Corny! Ah ah ah, get it? Allllright then…
So what inspires spring to me? Veggies. Asparagus and corn specifically. I wanted to add red onion to this recipe but forgot to buy any. If you want to try it, it’s probably delicious. Now, what inspires comfort food to me? Gnocchis and cream cheese! Sold.
Easy peasy, less than 10 ingredients, less than 10 steps, all of the flavor.
Corny Chicken Gnocchi
– 1 bag of gnocchi (fresh or “dry”) – 500g
– 3-4 cups of cooked chicken, diced.
– 1 bunch of asparagus
– 1 can of corn (regular, not creamy)
– 1/4 cup of cream cheese
– 1 tbls of summer savoury
– 1/4 cup of salted butter
– salt & pepper
1. If your chicken is not cooked, cook it using your preferred method.
2. Cut the asparagus in small 1 inch pieces (or bigger, really, you’re the boss)
3. In boiling water, cook the gnocchi until they float to the surface. Reserve 2 cups of cooking water.
4. In a pan, melt the butter.
5. Add in the corn and the chicken. Season with the summer savoury, salt & pepper.
6. Add in the cream cheese, asparagus, and 2 cups of gnocchi water.
7. Drain the gnocchis then add to the pan.
8. Finish cooking for a few minutes for the sauce to coat the gnocchis.
9. EAT ALL THE GNOCCHI
There you go, that’s literally it. Perfect to comfort you on a weeknight between work and re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
No? Just me? Alright then, as usual, the cheese stands alone!
Let me know how it turns out if you make it!
Until next time,