I am back with a recipe this week. Now, before we all comment on how stupidly easy this is, I will defend myself by saying that sometimes a girl just wants tasty yet easy pasta dish to enjoy her Netflix or Korean Drama binge watching!
I also like to call this recipe, ‘grown-up noodles and butter’. What? I like noodles and butter! My husband LOVES noodles and butter, will request it on a regular basis so I looked up a few recipes and made this ultimate (for us anyway) version!
Are we ready to get into it or do we need some more rambling?
I think we’re good, let’s go!
Aglio e Olio
- 250g Spaghetti (about half a box, or you know, the whole box, I ain’t here to judge)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- 4-6 Garlic cloves, minced or crushed (I LOVE garlic, so I go more for 6-7, but that’s up to your tastebuds)
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper of some sort
- Parsley to taste, if you want
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil your pasta in super salted water.
- In a pan on medium heat, melt the butter and the olive oil.
- Add in the garlic, cook until it starts to brown the tiniest bit. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add in the crushed peppers and parsley (if you want)
- Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of water. Drain the pasta when it’s Al Dente
- Add the pasta to the pan with 1/2 cup of cooking water and finish cooking for a couple minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
- EAT ALL THE NOODLES
You can’t really go more simple than that!
If you want, you can add veggies, or parmesan cheese, or shrimp… Variations are basically infinite! On the other hand, you can also enjoy your grown-up-noodles-and-butter as is!
That’s it for this week!
Until next time,