So I decided to start a new series of sort, food that I see places and looks great so imma try and make it. My plan is to get inspiration from Anime, TV shows, movies…. I’m super open to suggestions as well!
Anyway it sounds fun to do and what else is there to do during this COVID bullshit anyway right?
To start off with a bang, I re-watched ”Ponyo” last week, thanks to Netflix having all of the Ghibli movies (thanks Netflix!) and A. I forgot kind of how weird that movie was, and B. I wanted ramen with ham. So then I got my stuff, and made it.
Join me on my Ponyo ramen journey!
So, first of all, this is instant ramen. I guess you could make actual ramen, but in the movie they use instant ramen.
I also don’t have a fancy ass ramen bowl like in the movie, so I just used a pot lid, like an animal.
Here are the ingredients:
That’s right, you barely need anything, which is optimal since we are basically currently living through some dystopian apocalypse nonsense.
- Instant ramen (I chose the Nissin sesame oil flavored one)
- 2-3 Green onions
- Ham slices
So I chose the Nissin Sesame Oil ramen because A. I like it. and B. In the movie, you can definitely see some oil floating on the ramen. For the sake of gastronomic accuracy, I chose a ramen that came with a little pouch of oil.
Alright now onto the how, I mean yes, you could probably figure it out yourself but still
- Boil your egg (I put mine in cold water, get the water to boil. Then turn off the heat and wait 8 minutes before taking it off the heat and into some cold water.)
- Put your ramen in a bowl and add in the flavoring packet (crucial step)
- Add boiling water to the ramen and cover with a pot lid. Or the lid of your fancy ramen bowl.
- After 3 minutes, shake off the noodles with your chopsticks or fork to separate them properly and put the lid back on.
- Cut up your green onions, ham and shell your egg.
- Assemble the toppings on the bowl, by now the noodles should be perfect.
- EAT ALL THE RAMEN
Once all the toppings are on, you should get something like this
Pretty close I’d say! I mean sure, it wasn’t a rainstorm outside and I made it myself without any surprise from my mom but hey, it sure hit the spot!
Yeah I reeaaaaallllyyy like green onions, my husband makes fun of me all the time, feel free to use a normal amount in yours, or a ridiculous amount like me, it was delicious!
I hope this post made you hungry! If you have any special requests for future ”I saw it, I made it” posts just let me know in the comments below!
Just line Ponyo, imma go stuff my face again, eat up everyone!
Until next time,